Christian Service Announcements
If you have in your possession any signed/verified service hour sheet(s), you must log these on your student portal and keep the verification sheets because we will collect them once we come back.
Giving back to the community through Christian Service is now more important than ever. There are many ways you can serve the community that doesn’t necessarily require close physical contact so you still can help out while maintaining social distancing. Please refer to the links provided by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
Please remember that per Lancer Life, students are not allowed to work at for profit organizations, family companies, nor have their parents sign their service hour sheets.
Documentation is a very important part of your service. Therefore in lieu of getting a signature from a volunteer supervisor, I recommend that you take clear pictures of your charitable works as proof. Take note of the important data required in the Amat Service Verification sheet that you can find and download on the school website.
Please exercise all necessary precautions when volunteering by inquiring about
and following health and safety protocols.
- Fridays (Please check the Lancer Life for schedules)
- Permission forms (purple) are available on the C.S. bulletin board.
- Free transportation
- 1171 Encanto Pkwy, Duarte CA 91010
- Call 626 599 2214 for details
- Fall and Spring beach clean-ups sponsored by the Bishop Amat Christian Service Office.
- Specific dates (TBD) will be posted
- Click here for other beach clean-up opportunities.
- Support our troops by making care packages and writing letters of encouragement
- 1940 E Moore Way Ontario, CA 91761
- See Mr. Kasilag for more details
ConKerr Cancer Foundation - Amat Chapter
- Bringing smiles to patients "one pillow case at a time."
- Contact Mrs. Sue Marquez firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- 1418 Arrow Highway, Irwindale CA 91706
- 626 305 0392
Crossroads (Women's Shelter)
Saturdays through Oct. 3, 2020
- Please click on http://delhavencommunitycenter.com/ for more information
- Application forms are also available on the Christian Service bulletin board.
- Knights of Columbus Hall
- 4315 N Vincent Ave. Covina, CA
- Contact Ms. Peggy Hoferer at 626 912 2699 - Postponed until further notice
- The LA food bank is always looking for volunteers.
- Please click https://www.lafoodbank.org/ to search for opportunities.
- Limited number of volunteers for safety reasons
- Every child deserves them, so be a Child's solemate.
- 1420 N Claremont Blvd. Ste 204-A Claremont, CA 91711
- For more details, email Mr. Kasilag
Santa Teresita Hospital Junior Volunteers - Postponed until further notice
- Contact 626 408 7823 or email@example.com
- Flyers available on the Christian Service bulletin board.
- Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Call 213 747 5347 or e-mail http://sfcla.org/contact-us/
- 550 N Glendora Ave. La Puente CA 91744
- Contact Ms. Carmen Ramirez
- 626 336 2001 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- After school tutoring 3:15 - 4:30 p.m.
More Service Opportunities
Christian Service 4 Life -Postponed
- Microsoft Theatre
- Juniors and Seniors
San Gabriel Regional Congress -Postponed
Fall Beach Clean Up at Santa Monica Pier North from 8 a.m to 12 noon Postponed
Thanks, see you there and remember that its always fun to give back!
Nov. - CARITAS - Sophomores - Postponed
Jan. TBD 2021 - "30 Hour Famine"
Jan. TBD, 2021 - Feeding the Homeless.
February TBD 2021 - Footprints Poverty Awareness Walk
- Los Angeles Regional Food Bank
- Turn in your permission slip and waiver forms to your religion teacher
- Students who need additional forms may download them in the bottom of this page. Make sure to fill out ALL checked lines on BOTH Amat and LA Foodbank forms.
- Carroll Center 8 a.m. to 12 noon
- Help pack 10,000 meals to be sent overseas to poor countries.
- Sign up on the Christian Service bulletin board
Thanks, see you there and have fun!!!
Holy Name of Mary San Dimas
Flexible day(s) and hours for volunteers.
Contact: Lynne Cruz
Avila Gardens (helping the elderly)
Sign up sheet on the C.S. bulletin board
1171 Encanto Pkwy, Duarte, CA 91010
Call (626)-599-2214 for details or contact email@example.com
- Care package to support our troops.
- Bring them to the Christian Service Office
Our Lady of Assumption Parish Fiesta
435 Berkeley Ave., Claremont, CA 91711
Fiesta Hotline: 909-626-3596 ext. 319