Welcome to the Bishop Amat Choral Department webpage!
Why Join Choir???
- Singing makes you happy and reduces stress. While you sing, your body produces both endorphins and oxytocin. Endorphins are hormones associated with feelings of pleasure and joy and oxytocin is another hormone which has been found to alleviate anxiety and stress.
- Friendship. More than 42 million Americans sing in choruses, so you’re sure to make some new buddies.
- Bring home A’s. Research shows that students who sing in choruses get better grades than students who don’t.
- Make your college application shine. Admission folks will love to see that you’re involved in extracurricular activities—especially an activity like choir, which develops teamwork skills and self-discipline.
- Learn something new. Most of the students in the program had little to no experience when they joined. Now many of them can read music, understand proper vocal technique, and they perform regularly.
What choir classes are offered at Bishop Amat?
- The courses offered for the 2018-2019 school year are:
- Women’s Choir
- Men’s Choir
- Chamber Singers (Audition Required)
- The Women’s Choir and Men’s Choir classes fulfill the UC Fine Arts Requirement.
- The only group that requires an audition is the Chamber Singers.
How do I join?
- Email Mrs. Escovar to let her know you will be joining! email@example.com
- Meet with your guidance counselor and enroll in…
- Lancer Chorus (UC Fine Arts Credit)
- Summer School – Freshman Composition & Digital Literacy (incoming Freshman only)
- Auditions for the 2018-2019 Chamber Singers have now passed. Please visit our website in the spring of 2019 for audition information.