Weekly Team Update
Feb 14, 2020
- Our swimmers did very well at time trials this week. The handful of swimmers that missed one of the days will do their events at practice next week. Thank you to all of the parents that helped time the events!
- There will be no swim practice today or Monday, Feb 17 - Rio Hondo College is closed for the holiday weekend.
- Spirit Pak orders have all been sent to the vendor. Any late orders can still be turned in with checks made out to Bishop Amat. We cannot accept late orders for the team t-shirt though.
- Swim-a-thon Fundraiser - We will have our Swim-a-thon fundraiser on Thursday, March 13 during practice. This is the only fundraiser we do and it helps us pay for our pool rental. Each athlete needs to turn in $40 minimum. We have a contest between JV/Varsity/Boys/Girls - the group that raises the most money gets served by their teammates at our pizza party on the last day of practice - April 30.
- We are still collecting money for our swim meet snacks. This is completely voluntary, but if you would like your child to have the snacks/drinks provided by our team mom during the meets, please send $20 with your child to practice. Otherwise your child may bring their own snacks/drinks to the meets.
- Our first meet is only 2 weeks away on Thursday, February 27 against Charter Oak. Dismissal will be at 1:45 and we meet at the war memorial. The bus will depart at 2pm. We should finish around 5:30pm and then return to Bishop Amat. If your child is not going and returning on the bus, you must turn in a transportation release form to the athletic office.
Feb 7, 2020
All of the coaching staff is excited for the upcoming season. The team is looking pretty good. Here are a few important notes for the next couple of weeks:
- Team Orders - Almost all of our swimmers turned in their swim suit/team apparel orders yesterday. If you have not turned in your order form yet, please fill out the attached form (including the 7.75% tax) and turn in the form and check (made out to Bishop Amat) no later than Tuesday. We have to turn in the orders by Tuesday so we have the uniforms by our first swim meet.
- Time Trials - Next week we will have our time trials on Tuesday and Thursday during practice. Please be on time so we can get through all of the events. Parents - I will need 10-12 parents to help time. Please contact our team mom - Caitlin Rodriguez at email@example.com to sign up to help.
- Swim Meet Snacks - Our team mom, Catilin Rodriguez, has volunteered to coordinate snacks and drinks during our swim meets. This is completely optional but for those that want the convenience of having the snacks/drinks provided for their child, please send them with $20 to give to the Mrs. Rodriguez. We are deck during the meets from about 2-5:450pm. It is important that swimmers stay hydrated and fueled. If you choose not to participate in the group snacks, that is fine, but please send snacks and water with your child to every meet so that they stay hydrated.
- Holidays - Rio Hondo College is not open on Friday, February 14 and Monday, February 17 due to the Lincoln & President's Day Holidays. We will not have practice either of those days. Enjoy the long weekend!
A quick look ahead - Our first swim meet is scheduled for Thursday, February 27 against Charter Oak HS. That is only 3 weeks away! It is important that the swimmers are at every practice so we can continue to prepare. I have attached our updated schedule.