Bishop Amat High School provides a challenging, comprehensive and relevant curriculum that fulfills the school’s purpose, strengthens Catholic identity, and results in student achievement of integral student outcomes. The curriculum is designed to offer a balanced spectrum of courses for all students. The emphasis of the curriculum is to provide the student with a solid foundation in the scholarly disciplines and the liberal arts and to prepare the student to enter an institution of higher learning. Parents are encouraged to take an active role assisting their child in the course selection process and monitoring their child’s academic program.
INTEGRAL STUDENT OUTCOMES
- Knowledge of Christian principles as taught by the Catholic Church and application of these principles through service to the community
- Effective communication through the development of skills in reading, writing, speaking and the use of technology
- Critical, creative, and higher order thinking skills
- Proficiency in the curricular areas of study
- Respect for oneself and others