Welcome to the Bishop Amat Choral Department webpage!
The Bishop Amat Choral Department promotes goodness, discipline, and knowledge through the art of choral music. The department consists of five ensembles - the Chamber Singers, the Women's Choir, the Men's Choir, the Junior Lancer Choir, and the EnsemBELLs.
Please click on the links to the right for more information about each ensemble.
Follow us on Instagram: bishopamatchoral
Posted on 4-27-17
Why Join Choir???
- Singing makes you happy and reduces stress. While you sing, your body produces both endorphins and oxytocin. Endorphins are hormones associated with feelings of pleasure and joy and oxytocin is another hormone which has been found to alleviate anxiety and stress.
- Friendship. More than 42 million Americans sing in choruses, so you’re sure to make some new buddies.
- Bring home A’s. Research shows that students who sing in choruses get better grades than students who don’t.
- Make your college application shine. Admission folks will love to see that you’re involved in extracurricular activities—especially an activity like choir, which develops teamwork skills and self-discipline.
- Learn something new. Most of the students in the program had little to no experience when they joined. Now many of them can read music, understand proper vocal technique, and they perform regularly.
What choir classes are offered at Bisohp Amat?
- The courses offered depend on how many students are enrolled. Most likely, we will have the following classes for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Women’s Choir
- Men’s Choir
- Chamber Singers (Audition Required)
- The Women’s Choir and Men’s Choir classes fulfill the UC Fine Arts Requirement.
- The only group that requires an audition is the Chamber Singers.
How do I join?
- Email Mrs. Escovar to let her know you will be joining! email@example.com
- Meet with your guidance counselor and enroll in…
- Lancer Chorus (UC Fine Arts Credit)
- Summer School – Freshman Composition & Digital Literacy (incoming Freshman only)
- If you’re interested in joining the Chamber Singers, please visit the school website during the month of May for detailed information on auditions.